Watermelon is the perfect snack to feed a crowd. Here are some simple instructions for cutting up a watermelon in fun ways.
- Cubes. Classic. Cut in half crosswise and lay cut side down. Cut off the rind from the “poles” to the “equators.” Cut watermelon in 1” slices, stack those slices and cut in 1” strips, then cut in 1” cubes.
- Balls. Super fancy! Cut melon in half lengthwise. Get your melon-baller and start scooping. Once you get down to the bottom rind, trim out and you have a lovely bowl to put those pretty watermelon balls back into.
- Wedges. Cut in half lengthwise. Cut each half in half lengthwise again. Then crosscut into 1” wedges.
- Rounds. Simply crosscut 1” slices.
- Half moons. See #4, then cut each round in half.
- Strips. Our favorite. Cut in half lengthwise. Lay cut side down on the platter you are serving on. Cut crosswise in 1” sections, then cut 1” in lengthwise sections. Now just pick up strips from the rind and eat.