There are so many great choices when it comes to choosing a bun. Let’s take a look at the differences between favorites.
- Basic Bun. We know it, we love it. Especially when it’s really squishy and fresh. These tend to fall apart before the last bite. Variation: with sesame seeds.
- Potato Bun. A little sturdier because it’s denser. These are NOT gluten-free.
- Ciabatta. Pretty trendy! The texture of ciabatta is great for soaking up those delicious burger juices without falling apart.
- Pretzel Bun. Also pretty trendy! Also, pretty tough to bite through.
- Kaiser Roll. The flakiest option but doesn’t sacrifice sturdiness. Not especially flavorful.
- Brioche Bun. Very flavorful because of the higher egg and butter content. Has a beautiful texture that is both soft and sturdy. A serious contender.